Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Isabel brings the sunshine

Isabel arrived this morning on her way to Portugal for about 5 days. And while the weather has been gray and or rainy for days and days (of the 8 times a year that TfL sys a cyclist will get caught in the rain, I've had 7 this month), today it's clear and sunny.

We're working in commedia del'arte style now. Generally I really like the earthiness of it--the characters are motivated by the most basic of desires--but I'm getting a bit tired of the self-centeredness that's coming to the fore at times in school. Maybe it's that people are taking commedia to heart. More likely perhaps is that it comes from an awareness that we only have so much time left here and people feel some urgency to get what they can out of the program. Admittedly some of my aggravation probably comes from my wishing it were easier for me to claim that for myself. They're not all the same thing, but there is some overlap between assertiveness, self-centeredness, and pettiness.

No comments: